4.17.2010


So I'm back, kinda. I would never have imagined I said this but : I'm in labor!
5-6cms dilated, 80% plus effaced. And what's more surprising it's that I'm at home.
After spending Friday in hospital monitoring the babe, they let me go, since we are trying to do this as natural as possible. Just yesterday, Eric and I went out to get some Chinese and some last minute things I needed just like a normal day, and I kept saying to myself, I cannot believe this, I'm in actual labor and I'm out and about! Even now as I write this, it's still feels a little bizarre.

I'm thankful and teary just thinking about all the support my husband has given me. The four times a day calls from my mom. The family here in Mississippi. All the calls and emails from friends and family that are overseas. I was also pleasantly surprised at the hospital staff. If I could donate a wing or something I would write that check in a New York minute. Every single person at Saint Dominick's made me feel so taken care of, so loved. And of course, my lovely doctor, who besides all the pressure I know he has with modern medicine and bureaucracy and all, has given me the chance to have this baby as natural as possible.

I always knew children are a symbol of love and hope and everything that is good and nice. But the coming of the babe has really really filled our home with more than that. Maybe God's presence manifests Itself more when babies are around...I believe it does.
Whatever it is, I hope it's here to stay.

Image: "Power to the People" fist, after getting the doctor's consent of laboring drug free and IV free Thursday afternoon while in hospital. And eating what it tasted like the best ice cream in the world, after a whole day without food.